🚀 Working at Flexpa
Flexpa connects applications to health insurance data.
We've built a developer-first platform with rich APIs, hand-curated documentation, and other tools to help applications to build novel patient and provider experiences powered by claims data.
We believe in the power of open standards and open culture. We surround ourselves with excellent people who want to do the best work of their careers.
What We Offer
- A purposeful mission of refactoring healthcare
- Mentorship from experienced founders who have been through Y Combinator in S15 and W20.
- Support from world-class technologists, investors, and healthcare practitioners
- A unique culture where we "put the shopping cart back" and uphold values we take pride in
- Clear and competitive compensation targeting the 75th percentile rates
Commonly Asked Questions
Where is Flexpa located?
We all work 100% remotely from home in San Francisco, New York, Toronto, Portland, and a few other cities throughout the US and Canada.
Are you okay with remote employment?
Flexpa is remote first. When we started working together, we were in different cities.
We are okay with remote work in the United States and Canada because we operate in the EST-PST timezones.
Have you raised any money?
Yes. Our first investors include Sam, Jack, and Max Altman’s Apollo Projects, with participation from Tribe Capital led by Arjun Sethi, Village Global led by Erik Torenberg, Ullas Naik, Grivner Capital, BoxOne Ventures and N49P Ventures.
Do you offer benefits for employees?
All full-time employees enjoy:
- Remote-first work arrangement: We are remote first across the US and Canada. Right now, most of our employees are based in California, New York, Oregon, and Ontario, Canada (but we hope to add a few more states / provinces to the list!). We offer all employees a $1,000 home office credit & a WeWork membership (or membership to a co-working space of their choice).
- Health Insurance: Flexpa offers a top-tier health, dental, vision, and life insurance package.
- Retirement Savings: We offer a 401K or RRSP plan and will match every dollar that you contribute up to 6%.
- Employee Stock Option Plan: All employees receive equity as part of compensation package.
How does the business work?
We help our customers verify health plan coverage, benefits, and claims by directly connecting them to the patient's own controlled access to that data. We are building Flexpa for a patient access future we know is coming and we think we're poised to help.
How big do you think the market is for Flexpa?
Really big. Our use cases span a bunch of hyper-specific healthcare problems (Medicare brokers, health plan selection, patient bill pay) but also wide-ranging topics beyond that core (clinical trials, virtual care providers, and fintech applications). Given the novel nature, we're finding more all the time!
Are you open to bringing on interns for any of your roles?
Not at this time.
What’s the interview process like?
If we interview you, you can expect these milestones:
- You meet our hiring manager for the role
- You are invited to complete a work sample test
- You complete two calls with potential coworkers and with the founders
- We make an offer conditional on reference checks
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.